Thursday 25 April 2013

Ideology, Culture and School



For my course of investigation’s work in my four year of sociology’s career I will research about the correlation among ideology, culture and primary education. For that I will focus in institution of primary school. The relevance of seeing that, the link among three concepts, gives evidence of how exist a “society view” that determines the contents, organization, administration, finance and other things that the school needs to operate.

The interesting point is the analyze the cultural reproduction and material reproduction the condition of life of social classes. For that is necessary observe the social relation among students y how them in yours acts demonstrates the appropriation of behaviours that respond a certain “intentionality” ideological.

For this, I will draw the Marxist theory, specially three authors: Karl Marx for his concept of “social class” and “false awareness”, a Vladimir Lenin for his concept of “ideology” and Antonio Gramsci for his concept of “hegemony”. Logically, I will work whit other authors and research done.
Today I’m reading so much. I’m learning whit Henry Giroux and Paul Willis, for example. I hope do it a good research J

2 comments:

  1. It sounds very interesting. How far have you progressed in the actual research? Will there be ethnographic work at certain schools or what research methodology are you planning to use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mati:
    your investigation it´s very very interesting..

    ReplyDelete