Thursday 9 May 2013

Why sociology?



Today talk about my career and ask why I decide study it.

-Why are you studying this career?
I’m not sure because I ingress to sociology. Always I thanked that really reason is not fund another career. Ok, this is not good ask, bur really I haven’t other. In my last year in high school I wanted be mathematics teacher in the future and y didn't know what happened. In “preu” I got to know the social science, not only sociology, also politic science, anthropology and psychology. I decide for sociology almost randomly.

- How do professionals in your area contribute to society?
This is a necessary question in special for my career. The sociology have to contribute to society, not only have to object of study. The principal contribution, from my personal perspective, has to produce knowledge useful to understand ours reality and historic process. The sociology has to be a tool.   
- What tools will a professional in your area need to have in the future?
The professional of the sociology must have the ability to can describe and explain the social process in the Latin American society.

- What is your favourite subject?
Emm, are various. In general, the branch of theory and methodology I liked. The statistic also I liked. But, my favorites subject is Sociology of Education.

6 comments:

  1. Its really interesting that most of the sociologist students decide to study sociology because their didn't have another choice or because they are really desoriented jaja

    ReplyDelete
  2. I neither have sure why a decide study sociology.
    you are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mathematics teacher? really? jajaja sociology for the people! you rock compañero!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mathematics Teacher jaja I will tell you a secret: me too, but the History is my passion and to fight against it is impossible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm agree with you when you say sociology contribute with its complete knowledge. But what to do with this tool?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. jajajja at first I wanted studied psicology xD, I don't know why I finally studied sociology xD

    ReplyDelete