Saturday 22 June 2013

PATAGONIAA


This will be one of my favorite posts.

I have never traveled a lot. I know very little about some places of my country and I have never traveled abroad. However, I could finally leave the central zone of the country and I was going to visit part of the Chilean Patagonia. The trip was planned by my girlfriend and me the last year, because she has an aunt who lives in Coyhaique. So, as we wanted to go on a trip that summer, it was the perfect place to go. We invited one of our best friends, Javier, and put together the three of us and left on February 7th.

The most exciting thing started from the beginning at the moment of boarding the plane. I had never flown, so I enjoyed it as I were a child during the 2 hours
over the clouds. When we got to Coyhaique, we spent two days preparing the roadmaps. After doing that, we started backpacking in wonderful places. Our transports were cars and we hitchhiked to stop them. It was a good idea indeed, haha. We visited Cerro Castillo and the wonderful Tamago Lagoon. We went across the Patagonia for 4 hours up to arrive at Puerto Tranquilo, where we ate popular barbecues. Then, we slept one night in Puerto Bertrand and arrived in Cochrane (a “large” city in the Patagonia). We were there just for a day to take a bus to get to our austral destiny: Caleta Tortel. No doubt, it was the most impressive thing because it is a town made of wooden footbridges, without streets and sidewalks. We also visited the Island of the Dead with an amazing story there. Coming back toward the north, we went across Cochrane, Chile Chico and crossed the enormous General Carrera lake to get to Puerto Ibañez and finally Coyhaique.



Those 20 days were absolutely marvelous. I would repeat the same experience but going to the southern part of the country.

4 comments:

  1. Mati:
    that fantastic your holidays, I don`t now Patagonia. Only Punta Arenas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great trip! the pictures are beutiful.. I never flew on a plane, I hope doing it this year..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoy your post. I always want to go to Patagonia :) I think the next summer will be the opportunity ...my boyfriend's uncle live on Coyaique too !

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so nice to think of a holiday and say "those 10 days were wonderful" It is a nice feeling to preserve in time.
    I'd love to visit patagonia. It is something pending in my life :)

    ReplyDelete